Off-Campus Parents must submit their student’s semester grades by the following dates:
- 1st Semester: 01/14/21
- 2nd Semester: 05/28/21
In RPA’s Umbrella Program, the parent is the instructor, but not alone. We offer caring, professional, and experienced staff for guidance in curriculum choices, learning styles, ect.
We keep it simple by offering curriculum packages for 4-12 for purchase, though parents are welcome to purchase approved curriculum independently as well.
Parents who choose the home education program for all of their student’s courses will still be able to participate in our field trips and events. Students who are registered with the Off-Campus Program, are homeschool students registered with Miami-Dade and Broward County Public Schools Homeschool Education Program.
Advantages of Enrolling with RPA under the Private School Option or Umbrella Program services:
- Official High School Transcripts & Diploma
- Bright Futures Assistance
- Access to Florida Virtual School 5th through 12th grades
- High School Transcript Reviews
- Counseling Services
- NO Testing Required
- Official records for K through 8th grades
- Attendance Records
- Teacher and Student ID Cards
- Florida Parent-Educators Association (FPEA) membership discount.
- Homeschool Legal Defense Association (HSLDA) membership discount.
Rise Preparatory Academy Umbrella Program does not provide textbooks or materials. Parents are responsible for providing these materials. Rise Preparatory Academy Umbrella Program allows families to choose their own curriculum.
Report grades and attendance, print report cards, keep a portfolio all in RPA’s very own online grade reporting system, Applecore!
- Record keeping
- Attendance reporting
- Standardized testing
- High School Transcripts
- High school diploma
- Phone support
- Online Courses through Acellus Academy
Minimum Requirements and Services
- Fill out an application form and return it to the Rise Preparatory Academy school office. An application fee of $100 per family should be included with the form.
- Notify the State of Florida via a “Home Schooling Notification” form when you join the home school umbrella group. You will need to complete one form per child. Rise Preparatory Academy will not be held responsible if this form is not filled.
- Rise Preparatory Academy don’t replace the parent-teacher home program. We provide subject tutoring and enrichment classes.
- Maintain a portfolio for each child containing Objectives and Methods, a Curriculum List, a Reading List, test results, and weekly sample of each student’s work per subject, dated and in order. This portfolio helps the parents to stay in compliance with the law, and allows the parents and the student to see gradual progress. Parents should keep the portfolios updated on a weekly basis.
- Provide grade records for our records at the end of each quarter. The end of the quarter dates will be similar to the quarters of RPA. Grades should be mailed to the Home School Coordinator or dropped by the school office.
- Rise Preparatory Academy’s Umbrella Program forwill review your curriculum and portfolio on a semi-annual basis. You should call the school office to schedule your appointments in January and June. Reports will be used to evaluate the progress of the home school training.
Courses: Students in the 5th – 12th grade may take up to three classes on campus. Students desiring to take more than three classes should enroll as a full-time student of Rise Preparatory Academy.
Testing: Students in the 10th and 11th grade may also take the PSAT test in the fall.
Application Fee – $100 per family
Enrollment Fee – $250 for the 1st child; $200 for each additional child (family max of $650)
Course Fee (Middle School and High School) – $500.00 per semester (per class)
Testing Fee (PSAT/Iowa ) — $50.00 per student
Homeschool Codes for the SAT, ACT, and PSAT
For parents of juniors and seniors:
ACT homeschool code: 969-999
SAT homeschool code: 970000
Rise Preparatory Academy does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, or national/ethnic origin in the administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarships, athletic or other school-administered programs.